Firefighter / EMT – Lateral Lacey Fire District 3 is accepting applications for the position of lateral Firefighter/EMT. To learn more the position and how to apply click here.
Firefighter / EMT – Entry-level Lacey Fire District 3 will be establishing an Eligibility List in mid-September 2022 for a 1st Quarter 2023 hire. To be considered, you must test with either Public Safety Testing or National Testing Network prior to September 16, 2022. For more information about our Firefighter/EMT job requirements and recruitment process check out our employment page at https://laceyfire.com/firefighter/.
Career Employment FAQs
Lacey Fire District 3 fills firefighter positions from a pre-established hiring list. To be eligible to be added to the hiring list, you must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good driving record
- EMT Certification (WA certified by hire date)
- CPAT (by time of application) -two testing agency resources: Public Safety Testing and National Testing Network
- Incident Command System, independent study courses: IS-100, IS-200 and IS-700 (by time of application) through FEMA Emergency Management Institute
In addition, the following qualifications are desirable:
- IFSAC Firefighter 1 Certificate
- One year active service as a responder in a fire services agency
- AA/AS Degree in Fire Science or BA/BS in any field
To be eligible for consideration, you must test through Public Safety Testing and meet or exceed an overall score of 70%.
The District has an ongoing eligibility list. Candidates on the list are eligible for 12 months, and are considered for any Firefighter/EMT opening during that time. New lists are generated approximately 4 months in advance of the position hire date. Eligibility lists effective September 16, 2022, can be found here:
Public Safety Testing list 09.16.2022
National Testing Network list 09.16.2022
Please note: Unsolicited applications and resumes will be returned.
Lacey Fire District 3 requires applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 at time of application with the District.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources at 360-528-2313.