Lacey Fire District 3 fills firefighter positions from a pre-established hiring list. To be eligible to be added to the hiring list, you must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good driving record
- EMT Certification (WA certified by hire date)
- CPAT (by time of application) -two testing agency resources: Public Safety Testing and National Testing Network
- Incident Command System, independent study courses: IS-100, IS-200 and IS-700 through FEMA Emergency Management Institute
In addition, the following qualifications are desirable:
- IFSAC Firefighter 1 Certificate
- One year active service as a responder in a fire services agency
- AA/AS Degree in Fire Science or BA/BS in any field
- Public Safety Testing: Overall score = 70%
- National Testing Network: Human Relations = 70%; Mechanical = 60%; Math = 70%; Reading = 80%; Work Attitude Questionnaire = 80%
The District has an ongoing eligibility list. Candidates on the list are eligible for 12 months, and are considered for any Firefighter/EMT opening during that time. New lists are generated approximately 4 months in advance of the position hire date. Click here to view the FF Eligibility List effective Oct 2021.
Please note: Unsolicited applications and resumes will be returned.
Lacey Fire District 3 requires applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 at time of application with the District.
Questions? E-mail email@example.com or call Human Resources at 360-528-2313.