Career Employment FAQs
Lacey Fire District 3 fills firefighter positions from a pre-established hiring list. To be eligible to be added to the hiring list, you must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good driving record
- EMT Certification (WA certified by hire date)
- CPAT (by time of application) -through Public Safety Testing
- Incident Command System, independent study courses: IS-100, IS-200 and IS-700 (by time of application) through FEMA Emergency Management Institute
In addition, the following qualifications are desirable:
- IFSAC Firefighter 1 Certificate
- One year active service as a responder in a fire services agency
- AA/AS Degree in Fire Science or BA/BS in any field
To be eligible for consideration, you must test through Public Safety Testing and meet or exceed an overall score of 70%.
The District has an ongoing eligibility list. Candidates on the list are eligible for 12 months, and are considered for any Firefighter/EMT opening during that time. New lists are generated approximately 4 months in advance of the position hire date. Eligibility lists effective September 16, 2022, can be found here:
Public Safety Testing list 09.16.2022
National Testing Network list 09.16.2022
Please note: Unsolicited applications and resumes will be returned.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources at 360-528-2313.